Saturday, January 23, 2010

Le Cinquième Jour

The last couple days have been relatively uneventful. I haven’t felt all that well and have stayed indoors the last two days. Today was an easy relaxing Friday at home. All I did that was productive was to have a three-hour phone interview with J.P. Morgan for my second round interview. I had to warn the various recruiters that the reason I sounded like an Oompa Loompa was because of whatever I picked up on the plane.

Lauren found out that Friday nights are free for students at the Louvre, so we met some new Slovakian friends down there last night to check out some of the museum. Luckily the Louvre is about a five minute walk for us down Rue Rivoli. We worked our way through the Middle Ages wing, which is about 1/40th of the entire place. There were French art students there whose job was to explain the various pieces to tourists, but unfortunately they didn’t speak much English, so I was forced to interpret her giving us an explanation of a statue of Joseph of Arimathea removing Christ from the cross. I plan on going back a substantial amount to look into the various other wings, so I'll need to buy the year membership for 15 Euros, but that's pretty worth it. Plus any Friday I'm actually in Paris I'll probably go in there for free for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment