Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nightlife and Traveling

The past few days have been a lot of fun and I've been going out much more than the first couple of days when I wasn't feeling so well. Last night we went to an Australian bar in the Latin Quarter for Australian Independence day. The Australian exchange girls (pictured below) were our unofficial hosts and organized the whole thing. When we got there, we discovered that it was a beach party theme and that you could get 2 free Coronas for taking off your shirt and joining the party. For 10 Euros, you can damn well bet that it was worth it. I spent a fair amount of money, since nothing is below 5€ here, but I hadn't yet celebrated the good news I got last week, so it was an appropriate decision I think.


We also sat down and booked trips to Amsterdam (tomorrow!); London (Feb 4-8); Bratislava, Slovakia (Feb 12-14); and Barcelona (March 15-18). Bank of America assuredly freaked out and called my dad saying that my card was being run all over Europe. But we got the transportation for 64€, 120€, 40€, and 85€ respectively, so they should be pretty affordable trips even when food and hostels are thrown in. The place we are staying in Amsterdam this weekend is right in the old city center and was 30€ a night for the three of us to get a private room. I was down to save money and sleep in a room with 20 other people, but Lauren and Cameron just booked it without telling me. Oh well. Expect an Amsterdam-related post Sunday or Monday, but I probably won't have much internet access during the time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment